10 reasons why people who live with pets are happier
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
Pets make us happier, that’s something that everyone who has an animal knows and if you do not have a pet yet, you may want to know what are the reasons for our happiness. But our pet must also be happy, we must provide all the care, taking it to a veterinary clinic to make periodic reviews, give him a lot of love, a good diet and go out whenever you can to walk with him.
Why are we so happy living with pets?
- Having pets makes our self-esteem and our sense of responsibility grow stronger.
- We learn to value the small details of life seeing how happy they are with very little and how much fun they have.
- With a pet, the feeling of loneliness disappears and we feel very loved at all times.
- They are a clear example to follow as a maximum sample of love and loyalty. Being together with our pet makes us feel loved and is a sensation that is not paid with anything.
- They help us improve our social skills when we walk them on the street and interact with other people.
- It has been proven that being with our pet by caressing it helps reduce our blood pressure and heart rate.
- Dogs improve different pathologies and the living conditions of people.
- Having a pet keeps us active, especially with the dog since it requires more activity.
- According to different studies, sleeping with the dog in the room makes us sleep better and that we get sick less frequently.
- Having a pet, our brain will release endorphins and a hormone called oxytocin, which are related to pleasure. This favors the reduction of stress levels and also of anxiety. It also makes us feel very active, joyful and, above all, … happy.