What are the mandatory vaccines for dogs?
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
When we have a dog as a pet, we must make sure that they do not lack anything. Our dog must have everything, love, food, a space for him at home, toys and of course, a proper medical care. You have to take care of the visits to the veterinarian as the professional recommend and the compulsory vaccines for dogs.
Vaccines for your dog
As happens with humans, dogs, as well as many other kind of pets, should be vaccinated. A vaccine is one of the best ways to fight microbial and viral diseases, something that has been doing since the nineteenth century. What is done with them is to inject a small amount of the disease that you want to fight, So that the body itself can develop an immunity to fight against a disease.
Many of the diseases considered important in dogs, need a mandatory vaccine. If they are not in order we can endanger the health of our furry four-legged friend, but we can also risk getting a fine.
We must be attentive to the different vaccination campaigns that are carried out annually. With this we will remember the importance and necessity that our pets are vaccinated and can avoid contracting certain diseases.
What vaccines are compulsory in Spain for dogs?
- Puppies with a month and a half: parvovirus, distemper and two polyvalent vaccines.
- Puppies with two months: polyvalent vaccine.
- Puppies with three months: a reinforcement of the polyvalent vaccine.
- Puppies with four months: rabies vaccine. Normally, taking advantage of the visit to the veterinarian is when the dog is identified with a microchip.
- Dog with one year: reminder for polyvalent and rabies vaccines.
- Every year: reminder for polyvalent and rabies vaccines. (Some Autonomous Communities allow it every two years, but it is recommended every year)